College Readiness Information for 9th Graders
Thank you to those who attended the College Readiness Workshop that took place last Thursday. I know there was a lot of information that was covered in a short amount of time, therefore I am attaching the following items:
- Workshop Recording: https://youtu.be/22cS1SUp-74
- Link to Apply to Delta: https://www.deltacollege.edu/apply (remember you are applying to FALL 2020 classes)
- Link to CA Promis Grant Info (step 3): https://www.deltacollege.edu/admissions-records-registration/apply-delta-college/pre-college
- IGETC Chart
- College Readiness Workshop- PowerPoint
- DEP Checklist
IMPORTANT: Please fill out this form once you have received your Delta ID. This will confirm that you are ready to enroll in your college classes: CLICK HERE
Ben Holt Students and Families,
You will be completing the process to request your elective classes online. If there is a scheduling conflict with your electives, the form will help us decide based on your preferences.
- Courses should be ranked with 1 being your top choice, 2 your second choice and so on.
- If you have already taken and completed a course with a C or higher please rank these last. There will be a follow up question asking you to identify which courses you’ve already taken.
- If you do not meet the prerequisites for a course please rank these last as well (or as close to last as possible).
Submit your form online with parent acknowledgement by June 5th, 2020. Students who do not submit the form by the deadline date will be placed in classes based on criteria 1 and 2 below.
Electives will be assigned based on the following factors:
- Student need (credit recovery, academic support, graduation requirements, etc.)
- Student request
Recommendations for filling out the elective request form:
- Read the course description catalog first. If possible print the catalog or have it at hand for reference when filling out the request form.
- It is recommendable you complete the Elective Request form on a computer in order to see the full screen of options and questions.
- Make sure parents and student agree with the selections made before submitting. You may only submit this form once.
- Submit the Elective Request Form by Friday, June 5th, 2020